On 16 January, Panasonic revealed its Toughpad A1 tablet computer at the National Retail Federation (NRF) Convention & Expo held in New York City. Solutions that were displayed during the event were retail management and communications applications from MagTek, RBM Technologies, Data Capture Solutions and Stratix.
The Panasonic Toughpad is designed to give its customers a complete new experience.
The features of the new Toughpad Android A1 tablet are:
1) This 10.1 inch Android 3.2 Honeycomb tablet is crafted to survive tough business environmental conditions.
2) It has 1.2GHz, dual-core processor built by Marvel and 1GB RAM. The front camera is of 2 megapixel and the back camera is of 5 megapixel.
3) It offers 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity and supports optional 4G LTE or WiMAX connection.
4) It is powered with long battery life of 10 hours and enhanced with security features for better business experience.
5) Panasonic toughpad has this wonderful capability of recognizing handwriting and capturing signature. For businessmen, these two features can save a lot of time and energy.
6) It weighs 2.13lb and can withstand a fall from four foot. Resistant to water and dust exposure, it can also withstand exposure to extreme heat.
Availability and Price
Panasonic Toughpad A1 tablet is expected to be available in this spring of 2012. The price tag is anticipated to be US$ 1,299.
This new Toughpad from Panasonic seems to be changing the whole business and customer experience. We all need to wait till this spring to find out its real impact on businesses.